Kasey's sister

Kasey's sister

Kasey

Kasey

Saturday, November 7, 2009

She is there too

Today I was eligible for an upgrade for my cell phone. I was talking to the lady about the difference between a few different cell phones. She asked if I had kids. I said yes, but that didn't matter with my cell phone choice. She told me that she had a 3 year old that she could entertain with certain things. As I was checking out I told her that she should come to the fundraiser that we are having next Saturday. One thing led to another and she too has lost a child. In the midst of a very busy Verizon Wireless on a Sat afternoon we chatted for awhile. It is something that we don't go around talking about how shitty our lives are and that we have lost children, but there are other people out there that we interact with, we all have our own story. I know I feel like I have a neon sign on my head "lost first son" I feel like I am the only one. I know I am not the only one and there are more of us out there than we realize unfortunately.

5 comments:

  1. The hand of God made that happen today.
    I call them Godincidences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote a blog entry a while back about everyone having their own story. How I would go about my day, and people would see me and assume I had the perfect life because I have 2 healthy children with me but they don't know me or my story. I would get upset when I see a newborn, and then catch myself as I don't know their story. Maybe they struggled to get pregnant, maybe they have lost a baby before too. Its hard to seperate yourself from what others have, but I really try to live my life with "everyone has a story".

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is there, too.
    Yes.
    I know there are more of us out there than we know. But, sometimes, it just doesn't help me to know that. Sometimes it makes me feel worse, that there are others feeling my same pain.
    Most often, though, there's a sense of comfort that we are not alone.
    That you are not alone!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is nice to encounter those who also know loss. It helps you know that you aren't alone in your pain and grief. Someone else understands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never feel as alone when you know someone else has been there, too

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete