Kasey's sister

Kasey's sister

Kasey

Kasey

Friday, November 6, 2009

The Secret Garden Meeting



So this meeting we would like to talk about where you are. Where are you at in your grief. Has it been years or just weeks since you lost your baby. How are you feeling. How do you hope you will feel in the future. Have you found any peace at all?

Where are you at in your grief. Has it been years or just weeks since you lost your baby. Kasey will be 1 on November 16th. This is a very difficult time of year. He grew his wings 1 day before he was supposed to be born (Dec 20). We had his service the day after Christmas last year. Our wedding anniversary is Dec 27. I am doing better since finding CHERUBS, but I am crying as I write this. I am planning a silent auction fundraiser for November 14th instead of a birthday party. I still have a hard time grasping that he is not her. Its not fair and I am pissed-WHY MY SON???
How are you feeling. I have my days... these days most are pretty good. My husband is having a very hard time. He was my rock and stability on the outside for a very long time. He didn't let himself grieve, so we are dealing with that one day at a time. Its all not fair and sucks, the more I think about it the madder I get.
How do you hope you will feel in the future. Have you found any peace at all? I have, and I see happiness in the future, I think that is be forcing myself to be positive. I wish I could fast forward into the future and then rewind knowing that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and there is happiness. I know that isn't possible so I guess having a good attitude and putting one foot in front of the other is the way I have to go.


6 comments:

  1. Nicole,
    I pray that the Lord will give you and your husband comfort during the difficulty of enduring these next couple of weeks. I am glad that you are staying positive amidst the struggles we are all facing; we should all learn by your example!

    <3, Lianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about fast-forwarding into the future! Me, too! Hoping that the peace comes as you continue to put one foot in front of the other.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm looking for the fast forward button too.I hope some peace comes your way in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how wonderful it would be to fast forward to the happiness that is coming. sending you prayers for peace in your and your husband's hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's pretty much all you can do is just put one foot in front of the other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog through Letting Go and Letting God. I saw you visited there for Wednesdays for Wyatt. I have a close friend who lost her baby girl to CDH this past March. I don't know what it's like to lose a child after it living for some time.
    I was 19 when I gave birth to a stillborn son. The one thing I can say to you is that your son is smiling down at you from heaven. You'll have to take it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete