Go under 'customize' then 'settings' and look at 'select post editor.' If you're using 'updated editor,' I don't think you can post video (or I haven't figured out how). If you select "old editor" and save it, then go in and try to post, there should be an 'upload video' button. See if that works. If not, let me know and I'll see if I can figure something else out.
I am using the old version and that is how I tried to post the video... Do you know how to save it on to my hard drive from youtube? It didnt like the version straight off the CD.
Ok. When you're on youtube, looking at your video, you should see a box to the right. Copy the code where it says "embed." (If you click on it it should highlight the entire code).
Go to your post, and click the tab that says 'edit HTML' and then paste your youtube code. (Be sure you're in the 'edit HTML' tab, or it won't work.) When you preview it, you should see the video.
I've never done video this way, but it should work. Let me know if it doesn't, and I'll see what I can figure out. Good luck!
Good question, I have no idea but want to know. I'll be checking back.
ReplyDeleteI hope you figure it out.
Go under 'customize' then 'settings' and look at 'select post editor.' If you're using 'updated editor,' I don't think you can post video (or I haven't figured out how). If you select "old editor" and save it, then go in and try to post, there should be an 'upload video' button. See if that works. If not, let me know and I'll see if I can figure something else out.
ReplyDeleteHope that helps!
Shannon
Thank you Shannon! I will try that and hope it works!
ReplyDeleteI am using the old version and that is how I tried to post the video... Do you know how to save it on to my hard drive from youtube? It didnt like the version straight off the CD.
ReplyDeleteI'll check it out and see what I can figure out. I'll get back to you!
ReplyDeleteOk. When you're on youtube, looking at your video, you should see a box to the right. Copy the code where it says "embed." (If you click on it it should highlight the entire code).
ReplyDeleteGo to your post, and click the tab that says 'edit HTML' and then paste your youtube code. (Be sure you're in the 'edit HTML' tab, or it won't work.) When you preview it, you should see the video.
I've never done video this way, but it should work. Let me know if it doesn't, and I'll see what I can figure out. Good luck!
I think you have to do it in html. I just recently did one but now I'm not sure.
ReplyDeleteThank you Shannon!!!
ReplyDelete