Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Feeling Better!
I over did it this weekend cleaning a house that we were assuming. (Not going to any more because there is a BIG water leak) I was very sore and the pain would come and go. Monday I was unable to walk it hurt so bad. While doing not a whole lot at work I had checked the message boards and a sweet lady who was due to have her little boy on Monday has told us that he died last Thursday due to a cord accident. This defiantly threw me into even more panic mode, I sent my very smart trusty friend a message asking her what she knew about cord accidents and she sent me several articles which stated that true cord accidents are very rare as the cord is thick and the baby doesn't breath through their mouth and doctors will call it a cord accident when they don't know what happened. That's not reassuring at all! I don't trust doctors at all so I guess it doesn't surprise me, they just want to pacify you. Two it seems that having a still birth/something happening to the baby in the womb seems a little higher after you have a baby with some sort of birth defect... After freaking out and running through all the bad things that could be happening I called my OB. They said that it sounded like maybe a pulled muscle? In the v ja ja area? OK... I self medicated (since there isn't anything they can do since I wasn't having contractions, ect the things that point to bad things.) Laid on the couch and drank as much water as I could. After a few hours on the couch and holding the pee that was about to leak out (I HATE having to go to the bathroom a bazillion times so I just hold it till I can't anymore-bad yes I know and I only did it since it hurt SO bad to walk). Upon getting up and walking to the bathroom with no problem I thought I would throw together a simple dinner so I could eat something since the DH doesn't cook. The pain was gone and hasn't come back since! Odd! I am so worried about not feeling her move, and pay special attention every time I do feel her! Today princess is having gymnastics class and I am thankful for that! I pray that I will carry this baby to term or very close to term and she will have gymnastics class everyday letting me know that she is happily gestating in there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


































Thinking of you and sending hugs your way! We must have been on the same wavelength last night! I too cherish the movements of baby. Why do our eyes have to be so open to the bad things that can happen? It would be nice if we could just be exonerated of losing anyone else close to us in our life (I'd be happy with just not losing my kids darnit!) but we feel so very vulnerable to it. It just stinks. We should be enjoying pregnancy, but we fear it. We fear all that can go wrong because we've been through the worse and think maybe just maybe it will happen again. Wishing you (and me) some peace!
ReplyDelete--Beth
Eeep! I didn't know about that increased risk. Great.... Well, I'm hoping it's very, very low!
ReplyDelete