Monday, January 4, 2010
Adventure
We are on vacation for 3 weeks in Little Cayman and since I am pregnant I cannot dive, so besides worshiping the sun my mom and I (she doesn't dive) go on mini excursions, and I drive- she doesn't like driving on the left I guess. Any way yesterday my mom and I took a trip to the East end to see if the ocean would be clam enough for us to get in. After stopping at one beach, walking up and around we got back in the Ford Exploder and headed back towards the west side where the water was calmer. The entire time we have not seen a car it seems as if we are the only ones on the island. Pulling into a clearing where someone once thought that they would put a house, but got no farther than clearing the brush. We walked around a bit and needed to head back to pick up my Dad and Dh from diving. I put the exploder in reverse and begin to head back to the road (I didn't want to back out on to the road-seeing it was SO busy) I put it into D and the tires just spun... great we are stuck. I am used to getting suck in the snow and can normally get myself out, the sand...never been there. We try everything, and just seem to be spinning deeper- so we thought and decided we would walk to the nearest house and see if they could help get us out. We walk on to the road and low and behold what do I see coming, a truck. Mind you we haven't seen a car or truck yet... This nice gentelman put a few pieces of coral underneith the tires and put it in reverse and then drove right out... why in the hell didn't I think of that!???! Someone was looking over us yesterday!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


































Sounds like fun!!! I am glad that someone was there to help you out ;)
ReplyDelete