Kasey's sister

Kasey's sister

Kasey

Kasey

Monday, September 14, 2009

They will never understand

This weekend we went to a wedding. A friend of the groom, whom we are also friends with has the most bizarre family...I'm not sure why his cousin decided she would like to speak to me (she has a bit of an I am better than you attitude), but she did. We began talking about Kasey and my husband and I's relationship and how it's very hard and there have been many days where I have quit. The only reason we are still married is because he wont give up. I love him dearly(we are not getting divorced), but I have a hard time coping some days and that seems like its the best option. I know many can relate to my feelings. She could not fathom why we would get divorced and if we did how much baggage I would have bringing into another relationship... SERIOUSLY lady... I just got up and went to the dance floor with the girls. Some people don't understand and never will. Losing a child is something you don't get over or past.

4 comments:

  1. I've learned that even those close to you will never understand. Unless they've walked in our shoes, the shoes of a mother who has lost her child they will never understand. Its a lonely world....*hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right-they will never understanding. And that has got to be one of the most frustrating things. Feeling like not only don't they understand but they are also judging-makes my skin crawl!
    Hugs to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came across your blog! You are a strong women and I encourage you to continnue and fight back to those that don't understand. I will put you on my prayer list and continue to pray for the healing and courage to get through each day. I have a blog, but it is private. I would love to hear from you and be there for you, you can email me if you want at steph41581@hotmail.com and then I will add you to view my blog so we can keep in touch. May God wrap you in his blankets of love today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicolle,
    Hang in there! This is such a tough journey with all its ups and downs. You are so right in that those who haven't lost a child don't understand and they never will. It's a blessing to them, but a curse to us because we feel even more alone in that our friends/family haven't been through it so they can't truly empathize. I wish you and your husband all the best.
    --Beth Houselog
    houselogfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete