Kasey's sister

Kasey's sister

Kasey

Kasey

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Septmeber 11th

I can't believe that it has been 8 years. I remember what I was doing that awful day that has changed so many things in this country, do you?

I was a junior in college, driving home from the gym. I remember listening to it on the radio, not grasping what was unraveling, I turned the TV on when I got home and couldn't believe what I was seeing.

3 comments:

  1. It was unbelievable and a very sad day for us.
    I had just gotten home from taking my husband to the airport. I'm normally not up that early.
    I turned on the TV for some reason and our whole world changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I skipped class that day to catch up on housework. As I was sitting in my livingroom folding laundry I saw the intial coverage on the tv of the 1st plane crash. I sat in shock and watched the second one hit the tower. I spent the rest of the day weeping for those people and our nation. I remember how clear and bright blue the sky was that day and how earily empty they were. Not a plane and hardly a bird in the sky that day. It still gives me chills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was getting ready for work. I was teaching second grade then and remember not fully grasping what had happened and wondering how I would handle it with my students. So very, very sad. xx

    ReplyDelete