Yesterday I was 35 weeks 2 days. More pregnant that I have ever been... I have a range of emotions. Kevin had a softball game yesterday and wanted to go to dinner with everyone after which meant I needed to tell my mom we would do mothers day on Sat. That didn't go over very well with her... Any who we did dinner at my house and I cooked... why can't anyone else do anything I am a mom too... my mom made some comment about if my brother and I didnt want to do anything for her that was fine. You know just because my son is no here on earth for you to see does not mean I am not a mom. Then she made another comment that my dad was going to do brunch for her on sun morning and wanted to know if we were coming, she expected that we would come, but after another comment like that I told her no. Seriously... To top it off my MIL sends me a text saying happy mommy to be day. Me- I am already a mom. MIL responds oh your right, true...
At least my husband recognizes me as a mom.
Yes, you are a mom! Sorry your mom and MIL were not recognizing that.
ReplyDeleteUgh. I got the mother to be card from the mil, as well. I wish they'd get it. But, no one really does. Last year, my own mom didn't even recognize me as a mother either. I learned my lesson and had no expectations what so ever this year. I'm sorry your day was rough. You will always be known as Casey's mother here with us. xo
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you had a rough day - you deserve so much better. I also think about how glad I am that my husband remembers - that he could never forget. I'm glad your husband is also like that, but I wish more people were.
ReplyDeleteOhh Nicolle....I am sorry. You are a Mom, and a mom of 2 right now... :) I am sorry that your day was rough, it should not have been that way. Casey and baby girl know you are their mom. Thinking of you. ((Hugs)). BTW, I had fun chatting with you the other day, thanks :)
ReplyDeleteBless your heart!!!! HATING that you were not recognized for the mother you are...have been and always will be.
ReplyDeleteHow can people just not get it??? I don't understand.
Thinking of you!!!!!
Thinking of you Momma!!! XOXO
ReplyDeleteYou are a mom, Nicolle. I'm sorry others can't see that, and recognize it. Happy Momma's Day. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteSorry, hun! Why is it so hard for people to recognize mommies whose children no longer live on this earth?
ReplyDelete