Kasey's sister

Kasey's sister

Kasey

Kasey

Monday, December 14, 2009

...

This morning before heading to the gym I noticed I had a text message, it was from my friend/neighbor tell me they were thinking of this week, and if they could do anything to honor Kasey. The tears came, and took me back to last year at this time... we had decided to sign a DNR and had put Kasey on comfort care. They told us that there was nothing that could be done. Really I don't remember anything from the meeting except telling them they were giving up on my son. While all these feelings were hitting me like a rock, I saw a shooting star... Kasey telling me mommy I love you and you didn't give up on me, you fought just as hard as I did, with everything you had, I am ok up here and I am watching over my baby brother or sister. Thank you punkin, I really needed that this week!!
December is not really a happy time in my house hold, and with the 25 days of give aways I have been blessed with 2 very special winnings! I can't wait to receive them and when I do I will post pictures! With Tina's great thinking and everyone's generosity and love who participated December is a little brighter this year. I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
While I am talking about signs... we have a puppy named Charlie, whom we got in March, May? I can't remember...anywho he is naughty and I love him dearly, but it was much harder to get attached to him 1. because of his naughtiness and 2. because I miss my Kasey. He follows me around and snuggles with me,m listens to me, and much prefers me to my husband (the other puppy Champ is the exact opposite). Charlie was also born on Nov. 14 2008, 2 days before Kasey. I think its not a coincidence, but ist from my punkin, he made sure that I have someone looking after me.

3 comments:

  1. That was so nice of your friend to remember you and offer to help like that. Its nice to have someone to remember with. It makes it easier somehow. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great friend and what an honor to you. I know it means so much when others remember your son and not just you yourself. When others mention my Hudson it brings a smile to my face.

    Dogs are so great at reading people and knowing that someone needs comfort - like your little snuggler :) Our dog Hunter (whom we have had for 7 years) would not leave my side for one instant after Hudson died. I seriously could not even shower without him having to be in the bathroom with me :)

    Thinking of you during this time and praying for your baby on the way! I know it is such a bittersweet experience for mommas like us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your friend texted you. It's nice to receive that support from people IRL. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete