Kasey's sister

Kasey's sister

Kasey

Kasey

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Drama

Where do I start? I guess I will start by saying many will think I am a cold hearted bitch. A few weeks ago my hubs and his mom got a FB message from my BIL girlfriend. He is 28 and she is almost 40 w/ 3 kids and 3 different baby daddy. The letter went on about how he is an alcoholic and that she has tried for the past year to help and yada yada yada. Hubs "savor" jumped all over this as he has wanted his brother to leave her for 5 years. Savor calls his mom and dad and wants to do an intervention. Savor texts and calls his brother telling him he wants him to come see Brooklyn, and his mom will pay for his ticket to come to CO. (nasty scheme if you ask me). He arrives on a Monday in the afternoon, that evening his dad arrives and a family friend (unbeknown to him)they intervene. His dad leaves on wed, the BIL decides to stay ahhhhh, I didn't think he would thus I agreed with the idea of him staying with us. So Savor was going to get his brother shit w/out him... ummmmm why you bailing him out??? After many nights of some serious fighting he decides to ask (seriously) if he wants to go get his own shit with him. They went this last weekend. Now my house that was too small for my family of 4 is bursting at the seams... How fast can this kid get a job and skedaddle?!?! He has not had a drink the 2 weeks he has been here and says he doesn't need to to drink. I think he has some emotional issues, but needs to figure them out own his own. No one bailed me out when the doctors couldn't save my son. There are bigger problems out there buddy, get your shit together. Savor is using this to make himself feel better I am guessing, but in the process is pissing his wife off and losing the marriage that he once had. Cold hearted bitch, or one momma who has had just enough?



4 comments:

  1. This sounds like an awful situation!!!!! Yikes!! If you need to vent let me know, you have my email!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there comes a point when you simply can't give any more of yourself because too much of yourself has been taken. (That's what I tell myself when dealing with my sometimes dysfunctional sister and ALL TIME dysfunctional brother!) You've had too much going on...too much taken...and what you have to give you need to give to your little girl and your husband. That's not cold-hearted--it's survival. Those who see it as selfish have never walked your shoes.

    I'm sure your husband feels some obligation (I always do with said brother and sister and try to explain this to my husband) and he may also feel like he's in between a rock and a hard place. The bottom line is though, when his brother is the rock and his wife and child are the hard place, there's no choice. You guys should win every time.

    Hope the drama ends SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice he wants to help him out but you come first before anybody else, including his brother!! He should've sat down with you and together maybe you could've come up with some way to help him out that you both agreed upon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is tough one. I agree w/Holly. ((HUGS)) I hope you are able to get past this soon.

    ReplyDelete