Kasey's sister

Kasey's sister

Kasey

Kasey

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Its been awhile!

Thank you for all of you who remembered Kasey on Saturday while you lit your candles!

I'm still here, busy as can be. I am getting donations for Kasey's 2nd birthday. Hard to believe that he has been gone for 2 years... Its hard knowing that I missed out on so much with him.
I love Brooklyn to pieces, but find myself looking at her and thinking about what it would be like if Kasey was here. Its so hard... I miss you punkin!

Brooklyn is getting so big, she is 19 weeks today. She found out that her foot can go in her mouth yesterday, its too cute. I think she is left handed, its so interesting how her personality is coming out.

The bil is still here, he started a part time job and hopefully will get another job that he is applying for.

My husband and I fight way too much, he stresses me out!


I am lucky enough to work for my parents so Brooklyn goes with me to work everyday, thus I only breastfeed her. I feel there is no reason for me to be a cow (pump), he feels like he is not a dad bc he can't feed her... there are times when he is tired or wants to watch sports center that he is less than interested in caring for her, or when she fusses when he sits down... its frustrating and I feel like I am super mom trying to keep the house clean, cook dinner, work, put Brooklyn down, gather donations, work out, have a few moments to myself... the last 2 dont happen everyday. We survived Kasey, but are fighting like cats and dogs with a child who is living...

I really am trying to catch up with all of your blogs, thinking of all of you!!




3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear from you. Sorry you and your DH are fighting so much. He def needs to step up and help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry - I know how frustrating it is for me, and can only imagine how much it is for you. You ARE super mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm catching up on blogs too...as evidenced from how long ago you wrote this post and I am just now getting to it....Google Reader is mad at me.

    In any event, I can NOT believe your sweet little girl is already 19 weeks...heck 21 or more now since you wrote this a bit ago! WHERE DOES TIME GO?

    Sorry about all the bickering...I think, unfortunately, it's par for the course--people think that having a living child will make all things better and that your life should go back to 'normal'...what they don't remember is that you are both still grieving (and if like most of us, very differently, which in itself is sort of isolating and conflicting!) AND dealing with being 'new' parents...not to mention that you are still postpartum and those hormones don't just go away, even though husbands feel like 'no baby in body means my wife is back to normal'....

    Hard, hard, hard...praying it gets easier as you guys get into a groove!

    ReplyDelete