Kasey's sister

Kasey's sister

Kasey

Kasey

Friday, August 28, 2009

No one cares

While I am on my rant I will add another post.
The week before Kasey grew his wings a geneticists came over from Children's to look at Kasey... I guess they felt they needed to do this for our sake. There was nothing to see as Kasey was retaining so much fluid he looked nothing like the baby he should have looked like. His cute little button nose had diapered into his face. He weighted about 15 pounds :( This guy thought he had all kinds of syndromes, I have to bring one of the neonatologist in before I decked the dumb ass. He proceeded to write all these in his reports even though he was told Kasey has none of those features. A few months after Kasey grew wings I recieved his report in the mail, which just angered me to read all those false statements. There was also a piece about my placenta. Why wasn't I told about the pathology results??? Why do they think they can test and move on??

When Kasey grew wings they (Children's Hospital genesis ) recommended that we do an autopsy. We said no, Kasey had enough poking prodding, needles, tubes, medicine and hell for an army. He was at piece and it was going to stay that way. He also recommended that they take a piece of skin that they would keep on file and if there ever was another case, or advancement in technologies they could possibly figure out what happened with Kasey's lymphatic system and more. We hesitantly agreed to have this done with hopes that maybe we would get some answers. I have been calling the neonatologist on the paper work twice a month trying to get the results, he keeps feeding me the I haven't heard from them line. So I called the geneticist from Children's and ask him myself. He also gave me the number to the place that Kasey's skin was sent to. After dealing with some bitch telling me she couldn't release the records due to HIPPA and pulling the he is no longer here and I AM his mother card I got them mailed to me. After reading over the very short report and showing them to my mom due to utter confusion she desifered that they tested his skin for a syndrome. After looking up the syndrome and seeing the ONLY similarity Kasey had was a diaphragmatic hernia. I called the neonatologist and chewed his ass, he said I left it up to the Children's Hospital genesis to take care of this. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. I am so mad, hurt, disappointed etc that he would do this. No one cares...
Now I am trying to figure out what to do and who to tell, shouldn't someone be responsible for this?


1 comment:

  1. Oh Nicolle, I am so sorry. You should not have to go through this bs on top of everything else. And for what it is worth, I care. xx

    ReplyDelete