Wow its been a long time! I have been with out a computer, and its still acting up... ahhh technology! (This is the second time I am trying to post, the first time I was almost done and my computer shut down for no reason.) I have also been loving every minute of being a mommy to my baby here on earth.
I will start with my not so interesting birth story,but I always like to hear peoples stories. I was very scared that I would not go into labor on my own, I wanted nothing to do with interventions. I had been talking w another CDH mommy whom I have become friends with and she said that maybe there was some unfinished business or something that was unresolved. I thought and there was I had asked my husband several times if he would take pictures of my belly, I dont have a very attractive belly, but this was something I always wanted to do and didnt get to do w Kasey. So on June 8th he took some pictures of my belly.

The next morning at 2:00 my water broke! I laid on the couch used contraction master.com and waited nervously! We went to the hospital before rush hour, but should have waited until after. They monitored me in triage for and hour (they didnt believe that my water broke) @ 8 they moved me up to L&D. I walked my room like no ones business, I wanted her OUT! Things progressed fairly quick. I used the tub too :) I think I will have a water birth with the next one! There was a point when she was at a -1 and I was 100% effaced, but only @ an 8, but her head was right in my pelvis pushing. It hurt so bad, I tried to stand it hopes to help drop her so I could start to push. I stood for maybe a second, but that was enough to drop her. I pushed twice not trying, you know how your body just pushes when it knows its time? Kevin freaked out again (happened w/Kasey too) and wouldn't call the nurse. I told him she was coming and he better so something or catch her. He called the nurse, they took what seemed like forever to come. The dr on call in tow (I told them my OB wouldnt make it), I started pushing as they were doing whatever they do. 2 more pushes, my ob came running in the room and Brooklyn's head was out. 2 more pushes and she was in my arms! It was amazing to hear that cry!! I held on to her and didn't let go!! My husband got to hold her a few hours later. I hemorrhaged-the OB freaked out. She stabbed both thighs w pictocin (I refused an IV) and shoved 3 tabs of something up my butt and then insisted I have an IV. Ever think of waiting for things to work?? She also had her hand up me (one of the nurses asked if I wanted to see if Brooklyn would nurse, and the ob was like I dont think this is a good time, I told her to get out of me and yes it was bc it would contract my uterus, the nurse said that too) see why I hate drs... I got all but the after birth hemorrhaging part of Brooklyn's birth the way I wanted it to go though... About 24 hours later we were on our way home! Its a great feeling to leave that place with a baby in tow!!
How thrilled does she look to be home lol
Its so hard to get a good picture, my camera isnt fast enough to catch her smiles, I get all the goofy looks!
I will post more later, I need to go to bed, she slept from 7 PM to 6 AM last night! I wonder if she will have a repeat tonight?




































The picture of your belly is beautiful! I hope you have it hanging in your home somewhere! So how did sweet little Miss Brooklyn do last night??
ReplyDeleteLOVE the picture of your belly. What a beautiful baby girl. So happy she is home.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you - she is just lovely! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS! :)
ReplyDeleteEvery single picture is PRECIOUS!!!! Love the crazy hair!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood thing you took the belly pic when you did! And hooray for you for telling it to the dr!! :)
ReplyDelete