Kasey's sister

Kasey's sister

Kasey

Kasey

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

scary...

we are on vacation and let me tell you its freaking not vacation with a 6 1/2 month old! Any hoo, I have her Phil and Ted travel crib http://philandteds.com/products/sleep/traveller set up and the angel care monitor underneath, but didnt get a piece of wood it seemed to be working with out one. After surviving a week of her in our room (no clue how many of you do it, although I seriously considered cosleeping when she was born) we have managed to revert back to our terrible sleeping habits that were formed the month before we left. She doesn't go down easy and screams most nights- so stressful! A few nights ago after being asleep for an hour or so the monitor beeps, my heart drops, I look at the monitor and run for the room. As I am running its beeping and vibrating. (the pad has not detected movement in 20 seconds). Holy shit this can't be happening. DH and I run in the room at the same time, its freaking dark and you know when you run into a room that is dark after being in a lit room you can't see. I just remember hearing her scream after that, music to my ears. She had rolled into the corner of the crib and the mattress had lifted a bit. I wish I was Dorthy, I need to go home. This is all too much for me! After my heart quit racing and we put a picture frame under her bed I put her back down again. DH went and got a piece of wood, so we wouldn't have anymore false alarms. Thus makes me think, am I too dependent on this? I am scared to death to have another baby die. I will have to strap her down when she gets older, although she might still be swaddled so we wont have that problem lol-thats another post


3 comments:

  1. Ahh :( Sorry, the first vacations can be a little stressful and that seems scary! A friend of ours also had the angelcare monitor thing, and I asked her about false alarms and she said she had a few also... I would freak out too (maybe that is why I never got one...). Well, I hope you enjoy a couple hours here and there, love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Nicolle! I am so sorry - that would freak me out, too!! We do co-sleep, but I totally understand how stressful it is, especially if you aren't used to it! I hope she gets back on schedule soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have false alarms often. I think now that they're rolling, the monitor kind of becomes obsolete. I noticed tonight, that even with Nora out of the crib, it was still ticking. So something is making the sensor move. So even if she dies, it's not gonna go off. Great. Useless now, I guess.
    Nora has been screaming a lot at night too. I keep thinking a tooth is coming anyday.
    Hang in there. When do you come home?

    ReplyDelete