Kasey's sister

Kasey's sister

Kasey

Kasey

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

annoyed

On a roll today! :)
You know when people throw their 2 sense in about how you are raising your child?! I hate it. I have been told that BG is spoiled because I pick her up when she cries, she spends too much time with me. Oh and they tell her to be quiet when she cries or fusses and my dad tells her time out. For real? What in the hell is wrong with you people. Just in case you forgot she is 6 months almost 7 months old not 6 years old. That is how she can communicate and I am her only source of food. She has had a real hard time with sleeping here on vacation and that my dad is so fucking loud that he wakes her up most times. News fuck stick, be a little more quiet (she even has white noise in her room), get hearing aids so the whole island doesn't have to hear the tv and she is a baby she cries.
I am so annoyed, where are my ruby red shoes??
I "sleep trained" her @ 3 weeks before we left to go on vacation because she was waking up every 3 hours and I need my sleep. It was hard for me to do- I hate letting her cry. I checked out I am not kidding 10 + books and read up on sleeping and infants and then gave it a go. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and she responded very well. All my hard work went down the toilet when we arrived on the island. The first few days she slept ok and from there on out it just got worse. DH was "so tired", although he tells me that he hears her at home and wakes up when I do... pssh please. It is good for him, he gets a taste as to why I am so tired most of the time.
If you are still reading, thanks for "listening" to me bitch.

7 comments:

  1. I think I would be very annoyed too!!! I hate when people think they have the right to tell me how to raise my child. PUH-lease!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be annoyed as well. Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job raising your child. People need to learn when their advice is not needed or wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People will always have something to say, we have talked about this! I would just tell them what I say, I am raising her, that way if I mess up, I can take FULL responsibility for it, LOL!! You are doing a great job with Brooklyn, I know this because I hear it and see it :) I do promise you though when you get home, give it a week or so and she will be back on schedule! We are on Vacation right now and I was up ALL last night!! It was crazy. Love and Hugs to you, I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your heart...seriously, I wonder what makes people think they are entitled to just share all the 'advice' they have...regardless of the sense it makes or whether or not IT WAS EVEN ASKED FOR! It's one thing when you ask...it's another when it's told to you like you are an idiot. Or that you haven't researched and figured out what you'd like to have happen...and that maybe, just maybe, the change of schedule/surroundings and people MIGHT have something to do with her adjustment.

    She's yours. You do what you want and seriously, I just hope you have a safe place you can hide from all the 'help' when you need a breather!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time out?!? Holy crap - she doesn't even know what her foot is at this point. How would she remotely understand what that is?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just the other day my MIL told me that Nora has stranger anxiety because I never take her anywhere. Jerk!
    The sleeping thing is so hard. I feel like i'm dying a slow death due to sleep deprivatin. Aren has been getting up with me more and more. Mostly because I scream Fuck like the 5th time Nora wakes up and then he gets up. Hang in there. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen a post in a while... I hope everything is going well!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete